Improve your knowledge and skills in the field of Requirement Elicitation and Consolidation on the basis of international standards and prepare for the exam Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Advanced level.
After this training:
- You have the latest knowledge in the field of Requirements elicitation and consolidation;
- You can select the appropriate approach for a project situation;
- You can apply the most effective techniques;
- You can mediate in conflict situations in the field of requirements elicitation;
- You have knowledge and practical skills with respect to documenting;
- You are prepared for the official exam at the end of the third day;
- You obtain an internationally recognized certificate in Advanced Requirement Engineering.
An internationally recognized standard in Requirements Engineering and Management
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is an international nonprofit organization that focuses on the further professionalization of the Requirements discipline.
Within IREB requirements engineering experts like Chris Rupp and Suzanne Robertson are member of the international board. Meanwhile IREB developed a certification program for Requirement Engineering (CPRE). The internationally recognized examinations are conducted by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The curriculum has three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
This course prepares you for the exam “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering – Advanced Level, Elicitation and Consolidation” and meets the requirements as set down by IREB. You will learn international standards, methods and techniques in the field of Requirements Elicitation and Consolidation.
Who should attend this training?
This training is suitable for you if you are involved in Requirements Engineering and Management wish to delve further in Elicitation and Consolidation of Requirements.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Requirement Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Analysts and Functional Designers who want to obtain the internationally recognized IREB “Certificated Professional for Requirements Engineering – Advanced Level, Elicitation and Consolidation” certification as part of their career.
- Architects, Developers, Designers and Users involved in specifying information systems or software products.
- Quality Officers and Project Managers who want to explore Requirement Engineering and Management.
Prior knowledge or training required
Candidates for the CPRE Advanced Level module examination must already have received the CPRE Foundation Level certificate.
Structure of this training
In this three-day training you will learn about Requirements Engineering from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this course. During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings.
The certification is made up of two parts and is optional. The written exam, which forms the first part takes place at the end of the third day (in case of a virtual classroom training, the exam will be planned on another day). The lecturer will be available during the exam for the students who do not participate in the examination, to answer their questions or to elaborate on the course content. The second part of the certification relates to the application of the learned material by means of a practical assignment. This is not part of the course and is conducted by an independent examiner.
Knowledge of requirement sources
- What are requirement sources?
- How to identify and manage the most important requirement source – the Stakeholder?
- How can these requirement sources be captured and documented?
- The user as the stakeholder – User centered requirements engineering
- Knowing the classification schema for stakeholders
- Identify, classify and manage documents and systems in operation
Knowledge and application of elicitation techniques
- Characteristics of elicitation techniques
- Mastering and using classification of elicitation techniques
- Mastering and using selection of elicitation techniques
Survey, observation and creativity techniques for requirements elicitation
- Questioning techniques
- Creativity techniques
- Artifact-based techniques
- Other supporting techniques
Communication for requirements engineering
- Mastering and using qualitative interviews
- Mastering and using the Method 6-3-5
- Mastering and using perspective-based reading
- Mastering the use of contextual inquiry
Recognizing conflicts and finding solutions
- Detection of conflict types
- Knowing Glasl’s conflict escalation model
- Mastering and using selection of consolidation techniques
Knowledge and application of various consolidation techniques
- Conflict settlement techniques
- Voting or instruction methods
- Analytic methods
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or email@example.com.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.695, exam € 600) excluding VAT
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org