This two-day workshop covers the topics from the IREB syllabus “CPRE – Advanced Level, RE@Agile” and meets the requirements as established by IREB. You will learn international standards, methods and techniques in the field of requirements engineering in an agile environment. You can also use this workshop to prepare for the exam in order to obtain the corresponding internationally recognized IREB certificate.
After this workshop:
- You know how to apply your knowledge of requirements engineering in an agile environment, …
- … or how you can apply your knowledge of agile and iterative development within requirements engineering
- you are prepared for the multiple choice exam and final assignment required for the certificate…
- … or do you not take an exam, but immediately apply what you have learned in practice.
An internationally recognized standard in Requirements Engineering
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is an international non-profit organization that focuses on further professionalizing the Requirements field.
IREB has developed a certification program for Requirements Engineering (CPRE). The internationally recognized exams are administered by the iSQI exam institute. The program is divided into three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificates:
- o Practitioner Certificate
o Specialist Certificate
- Expert Certificate
This two-day workshop covers the topics from the IREB syllabus “CPRE – Advanced Level, RE@Agile” and meets the requirements as established by IREB. You will learn international standards, methods and techniques in the field of requirements engineering in an agile environment.
You can also use this workshop to prepare for the exams in order to obtain the corresponding internationally recognized IREB certificates.
Who is this workshop for?
The workshop is suitable for you if you have been involved in Requirements Engineering for some time, you want to delve further into applying it within an agile process and/or want to obtain the internationally recognized IREB Certificates.
Roles of participants in their organization
The workshop is intended for:
- Requirements Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Analysts and Functional Designers
- Architects, developers, scrum team members, product owners, Scrum masters and anyone who wants to delve into requirements engineering in an agile context.
Prior knowledge or pre-training
Basic knowledge about requirements engineering and agile working is assumed to be known.
If you want to participate in the exam, you must be in possession of the CPRE Foundation Level certificate.
Setup of the workshop
The workshop consists of a classroom component and a self-study module. The classroom part includes two highly interactive days. All material required for the exams can be found in a digital learning environment, supplemented with practice exam questions. The exams are optional.
- The prerequisites for successful system development: the balance between vision, goals, stakeholders and scope of the system
- o SMART
o Product vision box
o News from the future
- Functional requirements, quality requirements and constraints at different levels of detail
- o Decomposition strategies
o INVEST criteria
o Themes, epics, features & user stories
o Splitting & grouping techniques
- Estimating and prioritizing requirements, e.g.
- o Business value
o Minimal viable product
o Minimal marketable product
- Dealing with requirements within an iterative development process in a small multidisciplinary team.
- Scaling up to larger projects with multiple teams through frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS, NEXUS and the Spotify model.
The exam is taken as a multiple-choice test and lasts 75 minutes. On request non-native speakers may be granted a 15 minute extension. Usually the exam is conducted immediately after completing a training course, though it may also be taken later if desired, e.g., in a test center.
The exam consists of a written assignment and must represent a realistic project situation from your working environment and demonstrate that you are capable of applying the acquired RE knowledge.
The prerequisite for admittance to the Specialist exam is the possession of the RE@Agile Practitioner certificate.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.295, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €600
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaspar van Dam