You will learn international techniques, methods and standards in Requirement Engineering and Requirements Management. Improve your knowledge and skills in the field of Requirement Engineering and Management based on international standards and prepare for the exam Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Foundation Level.
After this training
- You have improved knowledge and understanding of Requirements Engineering.
- You know the international standard terminology.
- You know the factors that affect requirements.
- You can apply techniques for gathering requirements.
- You have the skills to document requirements.
- You know how to manage requirements.
- You know how to select and introduce tools.
- You are prepared for the exam at the end of the third day.
- You get a professional internationally recognized certificate in the field of Requirements Engineering and Management.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you already have some experience in requirements engineering and management and want to delve further into the subject.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Requirement Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Analysts and Functional Designers who want to explore their profession and want to obtain the internationally recognized Certificate Requirements Engineering IREB as part of their career.
- Architects, Developers, Designers and Users involved in specifying information systems or software products.
- System and Acceptance Testers involved in assessing the testability of requirement documents and use these documents as a basis for their activities.
- Quality Officers and Project Managers who want to explore Requirement Engineering and Management.
Voorkennis of voortraining
There is no knowledge or specific training required.
Structure of this training
In this three-day training you will learn about Requirements Engineering from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this course. During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings. The multiple-choice exam will be held at the end of the third day and lasts 75 minutes. In case of a virtual classroom training, the exam will be planned on another day.
Introduction and overview of requirements engineering
- An overview of what, why, where, and how in requirements engineering
- The role and tasks of a requirements engineer
Fundamental principles of requirements engineering
- Shared understanding
- Problem – requirement – solution
- Systematic and disciplined work
Work products and documentation practices
- Characteristics of work products
- Categories and abstraction levels
- Natural-language-based work products
- Template-based work products
- Model-based work products
Practices for requirements elaboration
- Sources for requirements
- Elicitation of requirements
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Validation of requirements
Process and working structure
- Configuring a requirements engineering process
- Linear versus iterative processes
- Prescriptive versus explorative processes
- Customer-specific versus market-oriented processes
Management practices for requirements
- Life cycle management
- Configuration management
- Handling change
- A classification of RE tools
- Introducing tools
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training information
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.495, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee € 275
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com