You will learn everything in test analysis, test techniques, usability testing and reviews in accordance with the internationally recognized ISTQB standard and will be prepared for the exam ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst according to the 2019 syllabus.
After this training:
- You can perform test activities appropriate to the software development lifecycle
- You can prioritize the testing activities on the basis of the results of a risk analysis
- You can select and apply the appropriate test techniques and apply tests that provide the necessary confidence, based on the agreed coverage criteria
- You can determine the appropriate form of functional tests to be applied
- You can bear the responsibility for usability and other non-functional testing within project
- You can effectively take part in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, thereby applying checklists and knowledge of typical mistakes made in products
- You can use tools to support an efficient test process
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to delve further into test analysis.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test analysts
- Test coordinators
- Test leads
- Test managers
- Test consultants
- Testers who want to become full Certified Tester Advanced Level: CTAL
Prior knowledge or training
You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
The training lasts three days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about test analysis, test techniques, usability testing and review. Emphasis lies on deepening your knowledge of structured testing and the application in practice. You will practice with a comprehensive case. In addition to the combined virtual and classroom training, self-study is part of the training. For this, the Improve Academy is at your disposal.
The exam consists of multiple-choice scenario-based questions and can be planned after the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate.
- Test process
- Exit, entry and acceptance criteria
- Risk management and translating this into a test approach and test techniques
- Review principles, for Requirements reviews and User stories reviews
- The use of checklists and rules
Overview test tools
- Type of test tools
- Keyword Driven (test) automation
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Table Testing
- Pairwise Testing
- Classification Tree Method
- Use Cases
- State Transition Testing
- Exploratory Testing, Error Guessing and Checklist based testing
- Defect based test techniques
- Selecting the proper test techniques and determine a test approach
Non functional testing
- Overview of ISO/IEC 25010 quality attributes
- Functionality, Interoperability, Usability and Portability
- Techniques for usability testing: Heuristic Evaluation and SUMI
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.695, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €275
- Coffee, tea, lunch included when classroom training
- Three months access to the online improve Academy for this training
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com