You will learn everything in test analysis, test techniques, usability testing and reviews in accordance with the internationally recognized ISTQB standard and will be prepared for the exam ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst.
After this training:
- You can perform test activities appropriate to the software development lifecycle
- You can prioritize the testing activities on the basis of the results of a risk analysis
- You can select and apply the appropriate test techniques and apply tests that provide the necessary confidence, based on the agreed coverage criteria
- You can support the testing activities with appropriate documentation
- You can determine the appropriate form of functional tests to be applied
- You can bear the responsibility for usability testing within project
- You can effectively take part in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, thereby applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in products
- You can define and apply error classifications and apply
- You can use tools to support an efficient test process.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to delve further into test analysis.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test Analysts
- Test coordinators
- Test Managers
- Test Consultants
Prior knowledge or training required
You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and a minimum of 18 months testing experience.
Structure of this training
The training lasts five days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about test analysis, test techniques, usability testing and review. Emphasis lies on deepening your knowledge of structured testing and the application in practice. You will practice with a comprehensive case.
During day five of the training a specific exam training will take place in the morning. In the afternoon the exam will take place. On this day exam questions will be practiced in groups and individually. Specific topics that frequently arise during the exams will be discussed again. Finally, there is ample attention to exam tips.
The exam consists of multiple-choice scenario-based questions will take place on day five of the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate.
In case of a virtual classroom training, the exam will be planned on another day.
- Test phases (planning, specification, execution and closure)
- Exit, entry and acceptance criteria
- Test documentation (IEEE 829)
- Test reporting
- Risk management and translating this into a test approach and test techniques
Reviews and inspections
- Review principles, informal reviews, walk through, technical review and inspections (IEEE 1028)
- The use of checklists and rules
- Testability reviews of requirements
- Communication skills
- Report incidents
- Root cause analysis
Overview test tools
- Tools for specification
- Tools for execution
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Table Testing
- Pairwise Testing
- Classification Tree Method
- Use Cases
- State Transition Testing
- Exploratory Testing, Error Guessing
- Defect based test techniques (software attacks, defect taxonomies)
- Selecting the proper test techniques and determine a test approach
Non functional testing
- Overview ISO 9126 quality attributes
- Techniques for usability testing
- Questionnaires (SUMI)
- Heuristic evaluation
- Usability Laboratories
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or email@example.com.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.995, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €195
- Exam training € 295
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material (a. o. the book “The Testing Practitioner”) are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org