This three-day accredited course prepares you for the exam “ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer” and meets the requirements as set by ISTQB. You will learn all about test automation development, deployment, and improvement.
In addition to preparation for the exam the training will offer you lots of exercises to help you build up hands-on experience. Part of the exercises will even be based on your own System Under Test.
Who should attend this training?
The training is aimed at people who already have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop their expertise in test automation.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test Analysts
- Test coordinators
- Test Managers
- Test Consultants
Prior knowledge or training required
- You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- You have 18 months of experience in testing.
- Preferably you have some scripting/programming knowledge (or you are at least keen on learning this).
Structure of this training
The training lasts three days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about developing, deploying and improving test automation solutions. The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions will take place on day four of the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate. In case of a virtual classroom training, the exam will be planned on another day.
- Purpose of Test automation
- Success Factors
Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA design
- TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and mitigation strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance.
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Automation within Regression Testing
- Automation within New Feature Testing
- Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Test Automation Improvement
Application of the theory
- During this training you will apply the things you learn on a real life application!