Structure of this training
The process is very simple. In fact, simplicity is the key to the online training operation:
- The course is structured into 6 lessons each split into a number of sections.
- A trainer guides you through the training as if you were in a classroom training.
- At the end of each section are a number of interactive review questions to check that you have grasped the concepts covered in that section. Wrong answers are clearly explained and you may be directed to the relevant section for clarification.
- At the end of the course you can attempt the ‘mock’ exam and ISTQB sample exam papers to see how ready you are to sit the actual exam. Once again these are automated with interactive questions and answers throughout.
- If you have any queries along the way you can email your course tutor directly; experienced ISTQB accredited presenters are available to answer your testing queries.
Supporting book available
‘Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification’ is the essential guide to software testing and the ISTQB Foundation qualification. This book is an essential purchase if you want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of those involved in the writing of the ISTQB Syllabus.
The book is a practical and hands-on approach, covering the fundamental principles that every system and software tester should know. The authors are recognized test professionals and developers of the ISTQB syllabus itself, so syllabus coverage is thorough and in-depth.
The book provides:
- Sample exam questions at the end of each chapter;
- Full-length sample exam paper;
- Real-world stories and experiences from the authors;
- Worked examples and student exercises – with solutions;
- New definitions highlighted and a full glossary included;
- Extensive references and pointers to further reading.