Software quality strategies for software designers and software engineers.
You will learn how to use automation in testing, how to get insight in the software quality status and learn the skills needed for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET).
The Test Minded Automator training covers the areas:
• Every software engineer does some degree of testing before the software is delivered. But what is testing? Why do we test? Does it lead to better quality? To what extend you need to test as a software engineer? And how can you improve your testing skills?
• Testing and test automation strategies
• Design for testability and controllability
• Roles and responsibilities in software engineering and software testing
• Test automation strategies and architectures and common solutions
Keywords: SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test), TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), CARE (Capturing Agile Requirements by Example), Exploratory testing, Gherkin, Unit Testing, Acceptance testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, Agile testing
Output or Goal
Participants have a better understanding of how to design, create and test quality software.
Participants should have at least an education in software development or a couple of years of experience as a software engineer or (junior) designer.
Software engineers and designers, with the interest to learn about software quality and design.
Structure of this training
The training lasts two days in a row. You will learn all about developing, deploying and improving testing skills and test automation solutions from unit testing to end-to-end testing.
Testing versus checking
The Exploration challenge
Test Driven Development
How to focus on efficiency
Test Automation solutions
Using automation in testing
MBT, Ai, Mutation testing et al. as testing aid
Shift left to shift-right