Software quality strategies for software designers and software engineers
You will learn how to use automation in testing, how to get insight in the software quality status and learn the skills needed for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET).
After this training:
- You will know how to use automation in testing
- You will know how to get insight in the software quality status
- You will have a better understanding of how to design, create and test quality software
- You will know the skills needed for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The Test Minded Automator training covers the following areas:
- Every software engineer does some degree of testing before the software is delivered. But what is testing? Why do we test? Does it lead to better quality? To what extend do you need to test as a software engineer? And how can you improve your testing skills?
- Testing and test automation strategies
- Design for testability and controllability
- Roles and responsibilities in software engineering and software testing
- Test automation strategies, architectures and common solutions
Keywords: SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test), TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), CARE (Capturing Agile Requirements by Example), Exploratory testing, Gherkin, Unit Testing, Acceptance testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, Agile testing.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
Software engineers and designers, with the interest to learn about software quality and design.
Prior knowledge or training
Participants should have at least an education in software development or a couple of years of experience as a software engineer or (junior) designer.
Structure of this training
The training lasts two days in a row. You will learn all about developing, deploying and improving testing skills and test automation solutions from unit testing to end-to-end testing.
- Testing versus checking
- The Exploration challenge
- Unit testing
- Test Driven Development
- Legacy solutions
- Testing strategies
- How to focus on efficiency
- Test Automation solutions
- Using automation in testing
- MBT, Ai, Mutation testing et al. as testing aid
- Pipelines, deliveries
- Shift left to shift-right
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or email@example.com.
Your trainer is: