“Secure programming” means developing the software without vulnerabilities, with built-in security through authentication and encryption. You pay attention to safety as early as possible, preferably already during the design of the application.
After following this course:
- You will have knowledge of safe software development.
- You will have insight into the most common vulnerabilities.
- You will have knowledge of how to prevent vulnerabilities.
- You will have insight into the changed role of the agile developer compared to a traditional environment.
Deliver secure software together
More and more organizations are faced with some form of cyber crime. Here too, “prevention is better than cure” and research shows that making software safely is ultimately cheaper than retrofitting it. This predominantly technical training aims to help you understand in theory and practice what threats exist, learn the features of reliable software and what you can do to develop it safely. This training combines theory and practical skills training.
Who should attend this training?
Secure Programming Foundation has been designed for programmers or software developers who are interested in developing secure (web-) applications. It is highly recommended to follow a training with an accredited training provider before taking the exam.
Roles of participants in their organization.
- developers and designer working with (web) applications;
- everybody involved in security of (web) applications, such as testers, analists, managers and auditors.
Prior knowledge or training required
We recommend you have at least basic knowledge of systems development.
Structure of this training
The training takes two days. The emphasis is on safe programming, with extra attention for the crucial parts in the application.
- Authentication and session management
- User input
- Configuration management, defect handling and logging
Secure Software Engineering
- Security requirements
- Secure coding
- Secure testing
It is not the aim of this course to provide the complete theory behind Secure Programming, but it does cover the principles and characteristics of secure software.
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or email@example.com.