Improve your knowledge and skills in the field of Requirements Elicitation and Consolidation on the basis of international standards and prepare for the exams to obtain the Practitioner Certificate and the Specialist Certificate.
After this training:
- You have the latest knowledge in the field of Requirements elicitation and consolidation
- You can select the appropriate approach for a project situation
- You can apply the most effective techniques
- You can mediate in conflict situations in the field of requirements elicitation
- You have knowledge and practical skills with respect to documenting
- You are prepared for the official exam at the end of the third day
- You can, after obtaining the Practitioner Certificate, take the exam for the Specialist Certificate
An internationally recognized standard in Requirements Engineering and Management
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is an international nonprofit organization that focuses on the further professionalization of the Requirements discipline.
Within IREB requirements engineering experts like Chris Rupp and Suzanne Robertson are member of the international board. IREB has developed a certification program for Requirements Engineering (CPRE). The internationally recognized examinations are conducted by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The curriculum has three levels:
- Foundation Level
- Advanced Level
- Practitioner Certificate
- Specialist Certificate
- Expert Level
This course prepares you for the exam “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering – Advanced Level, Elicitation” and meets the requirements as set down by IREB. You will learn international standards, methods and techniques in the field of Requirements Elicitation and Consolidation.
Who should attend this training?
This training is suitable for you if you are involved in Requirements Engineering and Management and wish to delve further in Elicitation and Consolidation of Requirements.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Requirements Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Analysts and Functional Designers who want to obtain the internationally recognized IREB “Certificated Professional for Requirements Engineering – Advanced Level, Elicitation and Consolidation” certification as part of their career
- Architects, Developers, Designers and Users involved in specifying information systems or software products
- Quality Officers and Project Managers who want to explore Requirement Engineering and Management
Prior knowledge or training
Candidates for the CPRE Advanced Level module examination must already have received the CPRE Foundation Level certificate.
Structure of this training
In this three-day training you will learn about Requirements Engineering from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this course. During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings.
The certification is made up of two parts and is optional.
- The practioner exam: this is a muliple choice exam that will take 75 minutes. In case the exam cannot be taken in your native language you can, upon request, obtain an extension of 15 minutes
- The specialist exam: this entails writing a paper based upon a realistic project situation from you own experience, in which you prove to be capable of applying the obtained RE knowledge
Knowledge of requirements sources
- What are requirements sources?
- How to identify and manage the most important requirements source – the Stakeholder?
- How can these requirements sources be determined and documented?
- The user as the stakeholder – User centered requirements engineering
- Knowing the classification schema for stakeholders
- Identify, classify and manage documents and systems in operation
Knowledge and application of elicitation techniques
- Characteristics of elicitation techniques
- Mastering and using classification of elicitation techniques
- Mastering and using selection of elicitation techniques
Survey, observation and creativity techniques for requirements elicitation
- Questioning techniques
- Creativity techniques
- Artifact-based techniques
- Other supporting techniques
Communication for requirements engineering
- Mastering and using qualitative interviews
- Mastering and using the Method 6-3-5
- Mastering and using perspective-based reading
- Mastering the use of contextual inquiry
Recognizing conflicts and finding solutions
- Determination of conflict types
- Knowing Glasl’s conflict escalation model
- Mastering and using selection of consolidation techniques
Knowledge and application of various consolidation techniques
- Conflict settlement techniques
- Voting or instruction methods
- Analytic methods
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in-house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.695, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee of € 275 (practitioner exam) and €465 (specialist exam)
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com
Your trainer is: