In order to survive in the context of the current complex and dynamic (VUCA) market, organisations must be able to become agile and sustainable. This asks for a new way in which organisations are structured and involves a new way of working with in an agile way and frameworks like Scrum. In this training we teach you provide you with a deeper awareness of product management within the scrum framework.
After this training:
- You will have a good understanding of the Agile philosophy and the Scrum framework and in specific the Scrum Masters role
- You will extend your product owner ownership on a deeper level
- You will understand what it takes to create better products with a higher customer value in a new way as a servant for the product owner and the team
- Can analyse different scenarios to build a business case for most valuable production and delivery.
- You can manage Products with Agility based upon Evidence Based Management
- Have extend knowledge about topics like: Forecasting & Release Planning, Product Vision, Product Value, Product Backlog Management, Business Strategy, Stakeholders & Customers.
- Evolving the Agile Organization: You will have basis knowledge about Organizational Design & Culture, portfolio planning and scaling topics
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviours and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviours by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances.
The product owner advanced training leads to a unique certification that combines agile principles and scrum practices with deepened knowledge about product vison, delivery, release and stakeholder management.
The course goes beyond the topics explored in the basic Product Owner class by deepening the attendee’s understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner.
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. The training is useful for anyone who wishes to validate their advanced knowledge of Product Ownership, the Scrum framework, and delivering valuable products. Those who pass the assessment will receive the industry recognized certification to demonstrate their mastery of the content.
Prior knowledge required
Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises. The Product owner training is developed to learn and test your knowledge of the fundamentals of Agile and Scrum and know the tasks and responsibilities of the role of a Product Owner.
Main topics during this two-day training are, among others:
- The Scrum Framework: Empiricism, Scrum Values, Roles, Events, Artifacts and Scaling.
- Agile Product Management: Forecasting & Release Planning, Product Vision, Product Value, Product Backlog Management, Business Strategy, Stakeholders & Customers
- Value-Driven Development
- Evolving the Agile Organization: Organizational Design & Culture, Portfolio Planning, Evidence Based Management
The exam is difficult, it takes ninety minutes and takes place during the last hour of the training (or later on your own if desired). When you pass, you will automatically receive the Product Owner (PSO-II) certificate from scrum.org.
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.295, excluding VAT, exam € 210
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com