Are you a tester working in a Python environment? Solid automation training is more than just teaching people to perform tricks with tools. In my courses, I will not only teach you how you can wield a specific tool or technique to achieve a predefined goal, but also why you should or should not apply it in the first place, and what situations are suitable for applying which tools and techniques.
In this course:
- You’ll learn to work with exactly those aspects of the Python language that are most useful to testers
- as well as some of the most used Python testing tools and libraries out there.
Are you a tester working in a Python environment?
Solid automation training is more than just teaching people to perform tricks with tools. In my courses, I will not only teach you how you can wield a specific tool or technique to achieve a predefined goal, but also:
- why you should or should not apply it in the first place, and
- what situations are suitable for applying which tools and techniques.
Only by also covering the why and the what, you can answer the how in a way that yields maximum value.
Do you specifically want to learn how to work with and contribute to automated tests written in Python? Then the ‘Python for testers’ course is just for you!
Who should attend this training?
This course is aimed at testing practitioners that want to learn more about writing automation code in Python, and what tools are available in the Python ecosystem to support you in that task.
Roles of participants in their organization.
This training is meant for:
- Testers that want to learn more about Python
- Testers and test developers that want to automate with Python
Prior knowledge or training required
Some previous exposure to object-oriented software development and test automation will make it easier for you to follow along.
Structure of this training
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this course.
This course covers, among other things:
- Getting started with Python
- Projects and virtual environments
- Packages and the PIP package manager
- Classes, object, functions and parameters
- Working with files
- Raising and handling errors
- The pytest test framework
- pytest fixtures and data driven testing
- API testing in Python with the requests library
- Working with (SQLite3) databases from Python code
- End-to-end testing in Python with Selenium WebDriver
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 1.195, excluding VAT
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com
Bas Dijkstra is a test automation trainer and consultant always looking for more intelligent ways to use tools to support testing.