You will learn everything in the field of test process improvement, according to the internationally recognized ISTQB standard.
After this training:
- You can lead a program to improve the testing process and identify critical success factors and their management;
- You can make the right business oriented decisions on the approach to the improvement of the testing process;
- You can assess the current status of the testing process, introduce incremental improvements, and link them to the desired business objectives;
- You can analyze specific problems in the testing process and propose effective solutions.
Become an expert in Test Process Improvement
In November 2002, the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) was founded with the objective to establish the further internationalization and harmonization of the test certification program. Meanwhile, there is a fully recognized and globally harmonized ISTQB certification scheme. The ISTQB testing certification program is divided into three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
At Expert level you can improve your skills in various directions. One of these directions is Improving the Testing Process. This level consists of two modules: Assessing Test Processes and Implementing Test Implementing Process Improvement. Someone who successfully completes both modules may consider him or herself an expert and can officially use the title Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL).
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if have reached an ‘advanced’ point in your career and want to develop your expertise in the field of test process improvement.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
A test expert is someone with a broad knowledge of testing in general, and an expertise in a specific area. With expertise we mean having knowledge, expertise and skills with which you are able to direct or influence a project or organization in the design, implementation and execution of test processes. In daily practice, you test manager or consultant.
Prior knowledge or training required
You possess the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate.
Structure of this training
Where Foundation and Advanced level are about knowledge, comprehension, application and analysis go, the Expert level is about evaluation and creation. You follow four training days and also perform workplace assignments, based on your own case. You can instantly practice the theory.
The exam, a separate fifth day, consists of two parts: one part with multiple-choice questions and an ‘essay style’ part. If you score 65% or higher on the whole, you pass this exam.
The Context of Improvement
- Why improve testing?
- What can be improved?
- Views of Quality
- Generic improvement process
- Improvement approaches
- Model-based approaches
- Software process improvement models (a.o. CMMI, ISO/IEC 15504-5)
- Test process improvement models (a.o. TPI Next, TMMI)
- Content-based models (a.o. STEP, CTP)
- Causal Analysis
- GQM approach
- Analysis using Measures, Metrics and Indicators
Selecting test process improvement approaches
Process for improvement
- Initiating the improvement process
- Diagnosing the current situation
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training information Live
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 2.949, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee: Multiple Choice and Essay € 665, Multiple Choice Only exam (currently available until 31st March 2023) € 275
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material (a. o. the book “Improving the Test Process”) are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com