You will learn and practice everything in the field of test process improvement, according to the highest internationally recognized ISTQB standard.
After this training:
- You can assess the current status of the testing process, introduce incremental improvements, and link them to the desired business objectives
- You can analyze specific problems in the testing process and propose effective solutions
- You can make the right business-oriented decisions on the approach to the improvement of the testing process
- You can define and lead a program to improve the testing process and identify critical success factors and their management
- Based on your own real life case, you will have practiced the above!
Become an expert in Test Process Improvement
In November 2002, the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) was founded with the objective to establish the further internationalization and harmonization of the test certification program. Meanwhile, there is a fully recognized and globally harmonized ISTQB certification scheme. The ISTQB testing certification program is divided into three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
At Expert level you can improve your skills in various directions. One of these directions is Improving the Testing Process. This level consists of two modules: Assessing Test Processes and Implementing Test Implementing Process Improvement. Someone who successfully completes both modules may consider him or herself an expert and can officially use the title Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL).
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if have reached an ‘advanced’ point in your career and want to develop your expertise in the field of test process improvement.
A test expert is someone with a broad knowledge of testing in general, and an expertise in a specific area. With expertise we mean having knowledge, expertise and skills with which you are able to direct or influence a project or organization in the design, implementation and execution of test processes.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test managers
- Test consultants
Prior knowledge or training
You possess the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate.
Structure of this training
Where the Foundation and Advanced level are about knowledge, comprehension, application and analysis, the Expert level is about evaluation and creation. You follow four training days and also perform workplace assignments, based on your own case and situation.
You will instantly practice the theory, and deliver the basis for an improvement plan for your organization!
The (online) exam, can be taken at any suitable moment. With a score of 65% or higher, you have passed this exam.
The Context of Improvement
- Why improve testing?
- What can be improved?
- Views of Quality
- Generic improvement process
- Improvement approaches
- Model-based approaches
- Software process improvement models (a.o. CMMI, ISO/IEC 15504-5)
- Test process improvement models (a.o. TPI Next, TMMI)
- Content-based models (a.o. STEP, CTP)
- Causal Analysis
- GQM approach
- Analysis using Measures, Metrics and Indicators
Selecting test process improvement approaches
Process for improvement
- Initiating the improvement process
- Diagnosing the current situation
Possibilities in-house training
Improve can also provides this training in-house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information, please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- To support international participants: mostly Virtual Classroom
- Schedule: 9.15 – 17.00
- Fee: € 2.949, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee € 260
- Training material (a.o. the book “Improving the Test Process”) is included in the training fee
- In case of normal classroom: coffee, tea and lunch are included
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com
Your trainer is: