An internationally recognized standard in Requirements Engineering and Management
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is an international nonprofit organization that focuses on the further professionalization of the Requirements discipline.
Within IREB requirements engineering experts like Chris Rupp and Suzanne Robertson are member of the international board. Meanwhile IREB developed a certification program for Requirement Engineering (CPRE). The internationally recognized examinations are conducted by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The curriculum has three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
This three-day accredited course prepares you for the exam “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Foundation Level” and meets the requirements as set down by IREB. The course covers both international standards and terminology, techniques and methods concerning Requirement Engineering and Requirements Management.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you already have some experience in requirements engineering and management and want to delve further into the subject.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Requirement Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Analysts and Functional Designers who want to explore their profession and want to obtain the internationally recognized Certificate Requirements Engineering IREB as part of their career.
- Architects, Developers, Designers and Users involved in specifying information systems or software products.
- System and Acceptance Testers involved in assessing the testability of requirement documents and use these documents as a basis for their activities.
- Quality Officers and Project Managers who want to explore Requirement Engineering and Management.
Voorkennis of voortraining
There is no knowledge or specific training required.
Structure of this training
In this three-day training you will learn about Requirements Engineering from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this course. During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings. The multiple-choice exam will be held at the end of the third day and lasts 75 minutes. In case of a virtual classroom training, the exam will be planned on another day.
Introduction and overview of requirements engineering
- An overview of what, why, where, and how in requirements engineering
- The role and tasks of a requirements engineer
Fundamental principles of requirements engineering
- Shared understanding
- Problem – requirement – solution
- Systematic and disciplined work
Work products and documentation practices
- Characteristics of work products
- Categories and abstraction levels
- Natural-language-based work products
- Template-based work products
- Model-based work products
Practices for requirements elaboration
- Sources for requirements
- Elicitation of requirements
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Validation of requirements
Process and working structure
- Configuring a requirements engineering process
- Linear versus iterative processes
- Prescriptive versus explorative processes
- Customer-specific versus market-oriented processes
Management practices for requirements
- Life cycle management
- Configuration management
- Handling change
- A classification of RE tools
- Introducing tools
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.