Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to delve further into test analysis.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test analysts
- Test coordinators
- Test leads
- Test managers
- Test consultants
- Testers who want to become full Certified Tester Advanced Level: CTAL
Prior knowledge or training required
You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
The training lasts three days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about test analysis, test techniques, usability testing and review. Emphasis lies on deepening your knowledge of structured testing and the application in practice. You will practice with a comprehensive case. In addition to the combined virtual and classroom training, self-study is part of the training. For this, the Improve Academy is at your disposal.
The exam consists of multiple-choice scenario-based questions and can be planned after the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate.
- Test process
- Exit, entry and acceptance criteria
- Risk management and translating this into a test approach and test techniques
- Review principles, for Requirements reviews and User stories reviews
- The use of checklists and rules
Overview test tools
- Type of test tools
- Keyword Driven (test) automation
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Table Testing
- Pairwise Testing
- Classification Tree Method
- Use Cases
- State Transition Testing
- Exploratory Testing, Error Guessing and Checklist based testing
- Defect based test techniques
- Selecting the proper test techniques and determine a test approach
Non functional testing
- Overview of ISO/IEC 25010 quality attributes
- Functionality, Interoperability, Usability and Portability
- Techniques for usability testing: Heuristic Evaluation and SUMI
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 – 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.